Cyanotype Printing is a beautiful photographic printing process that produces a Prussian blue print, each time unique and commonly called sun-print. Engineers and Botanists used the process well into the 20th century to produce copies of drawings, referred to as blueprints or plants images.
A mildly photosensitive solution is applied to a receptive surface (such as paper) and allowed to dry in a dark place. Then exposed to sunlight and then washed in plain water the uncovered areas of the paper turn a rich deep blue.
The Cyanotype Workshops conducted at the Atelier are about 2.5 hours duration (the length can vary a little) and will allow you to print a handful of small prints (A5 & A6 size) and 2-4 larger prints (4xA4 or 2xA3 size, at your convenience). It is suitable for beginners, with no artistic background!
– The Cyanotype Workshops conducted at the Atelier are about 2.5 hours duration (the length can vary a little) and will allow you to print a handful of small prints (A5 & A6 size) and 2-4 larger prints (4xA4 or 2xA3 size, at your convenience)
– Maximum group size will be of 5 persons
– The Atelier is located on Bukit Timah, Greenwood area. The precise address will be sent to you after registration.
– The workshop will be conducted indoor (to prepare the prints) and sheltered outdoor (to reveal the prints)
WHAT TO BRING?
– No artistic experience is needed! Cyanotype is an easy technique!
– All materials are provided, all you need to do is bring yourself and wear clothes that you don’t mind getting stained!
– 130$ for a 2.5 hours workshop
– Possibility of purchasing a cyanotype kit at 25$ at the end of the workshop, with the basic supplies needed to extend the experience at home and produced more prints!
– Sun printing can only occur when sun is on ! In case of heavy rain we will have to cancel the workshop. You will be reimbursed fully if the workshop was not able to start, and partially if the workshop could not be completed entirely (or you will be offered another date to finish it, as you prefer).